A SPECIAL STATEMENT REGARDING COVID - 19
The health and safety of our guests, as well as our family of employees, is the number one priority for Karouzo’s Steakhouse. As a fixture in the Jasper Community since 1953, it is our responsibility to be proactive during these challenging times.
Currently, we are following guidance and recommendations from Alberta Health Services, while continuing to evaluate our standards and procedures. Our restaurant has been meeting food safety and sanitation standards for decades, so these protocols are already in place, and we continue to maintain the highest possible standards in service and product quality.
However, as we continue to monitor current events, we are increasing these protocols, with additional layers of caution and mindfulness, to provide peace of mind to our guests and team members.
These changes include:
• Increasing the frequency of cleaning practices and decontamination procedures
within our restaurant
• Requesting all customers to use hand sanitizer on entering and leaving the restaurant
• Reducing our seating capacity by 60% with seating distanced more than 6 feet apart
• Limiting guest interaction with shared utensils and dishes where applicable
• Minimizing table top candles and condiments
• Closing down our two urinals in the men’s washroom and the middle stall in the women’s to help with distancing and encourage one person in the washrooms at a time
• Increased presence and use of hand sanitizers and soap
• Ensuring that our staff are continually updated and educated on preventative
measures outlined by Alberta Health Services
• All staff upon arrival for each shift will have their temperature checked, monitored and documented for any Covid symptoms.
• Offering contactless curbside pickup
Additionally, all staff members have been advised not to report to work and to seek medical attention if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have come in contact with affected individuals.
As is the case across the country, we are seeing an early impact on our business. However, we are also seeing a tremendous surge in support throughout this community – united in an effort to keep everyone safe and healthy.